Starting the new year off nicely. I am throwing some supper in the oven early on in the day, while we clean and declutter the house. Not only do these ribs taste amazingly good, the whole house smells like a french bistro all day!
For this recipe I used:
- 2.5lbs short ribs (cost $7)
- 2 carrots
- 2 stems celery
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 large segments garlic
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- Sear ribs in very hot thick bottomed pan till browned all over
- Remove ribs
- Deglaze pan with red wine
- Add pureed veggies and allow to cook
- Sauce will begin to stick, stir until sauce is thickened, scraping bottom of the pan constantly
- Add ribs, cover with lid, place into a 200°F oven for approximately 3 hours.
Meat will be extremely tender and fall off the bone.
Serve with mashed potatoes and lightly steamed veggies.
Or refrigerate overnight. Any fat will have solidified and is easily removed and meat will have absorbed more of the sauce flavour.
Puree all veggies and garlic in blender with stock (I just peel and put the in my Vitamix).